1. Sum function: finds the total for a numeric range of cells. Data in these cells should be numeric. EX:- =sum(A1:A10)
2. Average function:- finds the average for a numeric range of cells. Data should be numeric. EX:- =average(A1:A10)
3. Maximum function: finds the maximum value between a numeric range of cells. EX:- =MAX(A1:A10)
4. Minimum function: finds the minimum value between a numeric range of cells. EX:- =MIN(A1:A10)
5. Count function: counts a numeric range of cells. Suppose we want to count the number of numeric entries in the range C3 to C30. we can use =COUNT(C3:C30). Any blank lines or text entries in the range are not counted.
6. Counta function: to count a number of items or names of people (not numeric entries as the count function) we need to be able to count text entries. To do this we can use =COUNTA(C3:C30) you need to make sure that heading are not included in the range so that they are not counted as well. Again blank lines are not included.
7. Countif function: Counts the number of cells within a range that meet the given criteria. COUNTIF(range,criteria) Range is the range of cells from which you want to count cells.
Criteria is the criteria in the form of a number, expression, or text that defines which cells will be counted.
For example, criteria can be expressed as 32, "32", ">32", "apples".